Monday, April 4, 2011

Laughter is good for your health

I love to laugh. And comedies are my fav things to watch.  My hubby can't understand why  i don't want to watch all the shoot em up stuff or really emotional dramatic stuff.  It's not that i don't ever watch that stuff, it's just that i choose to be uplifted and laugh when i watch TV... an escape from stress and real life. Ya know what i mean?

So i decided to google laughter and health, for the heck of it.  I came a across webmd, and they had a bit to say about it. http://women.webmd.com/guide/give-your-body-boost-with-laughter  Increased blood flow, upping the immune system,helping blood sugar levels, and getting better sleep. Well there are enough reasons  for me to want to watch some reruns of Laverne and Shirley.  I just love them.

Ok, ok, so they haven't gotten the complete science thing down, with laughter,but  they have done some studies. One thing is for sure, laughter has been shown to help pain....I have told my ob/gyn it wouldn't hurt to play some I Love Lucy during my examine to get my mind in a better place.

 Wikipedia says that laughter is contageous and i believe that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laughter

Gelotology is the study of laughter. Wouldn't that be a cool job.

So how bout it, find a reason to laugh today. This site gives some great ways to make your life full of laughing opportunities. http://www.helpguide.org/life/humor_laughter_health.htm

Blessings and Laughter,
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment